Exclude heavy metal toxicity
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The twenty fourth intervention to reverse mild Alzheimer's in the Bredesen Protocol is:
- Goal: Exclude heavy metal toxicity
- Approach: Evaluate Hg, Pb, Cd; chelate if indicated
- Rationale: Heavy metals affect the central nervous system.
Chelation therapy involves the use of chelating agents to remove heavy metals from the body.
- Metal toxicity in the central nervous system
- Mercury and Alzheimer’s Disease: Hg(II) IonsDisplay Specific Binding to the Amyloid-βPeptideand Hinder Its Fibrillization